Jan 21, 2009

tomorrow is only a day away

Tomorrow we leave for TX! I am getting so nervous. And I'm not even nervous for me! It's cool being nervous for someone else. You know you care about them so much that their feelings mean more to you than yours.

But at the same time, being nervous for someone else sucks because there is no way you can control the outcome. I wish I could do all those interviews for him because then I would be protecting him from any discomfort or unpleasantness. Although, I know he's much better at interviews than I am and I don't have to worry, so it's good that he's doing this himself haha. I get all tongue-tied and sound rather inarticulate at times.

I'm also nervous because we will find out what positions/locations/companies he is interviewing for... locations being the most important one there. Now that we're engaged, location is a huge factor. It's part of the reason we haven't really started planning our wedding.

It is almost impossible to plan such a huge event in your life when you don't even know where you'll be! If we're going to be close to home, we can set any date we want. If we're going to be far away (although anywhere in the US is closer than where we are now... except maybe alaska... ugh!) then we have to be more selective in the date choosing process.

But either way, it will be a weight lifted... no, more like a veil lifted... once we find out. There will finally be a definite future. Something we can plan for. Like home hunting, job searching, activity planning! It's an exciting time in our lives and I can't wait until we know for sure! We just have to get through the next 7 days (and then the next 3 weeks of follow up interviews) and hopefully we'll have a future home-base! I'll definitely keep you posted :)

1 comment:

Beth said...

how exciting! I cant wait to hear about it. California is a pretty cool place to live...hint hint