Feb 10, 2009

the waiting game

Fiance comes home tomorrow! I haven't seen him in a week! 2 years ago I would have been telling myself to shut up, a week is nothing, but there you have it, it's only been a week and I really miss him, obviously! But, he's been away securing our future so to speak. He's had a series of interviews this week following the conference last month, so hopefully soon we'll have it nailed down where we're going and what he's going to be doing!

It's exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time! Right now, the most LIKELY places we are going to end up in are either Michigan or Arizona. Both places have their advantages and disadvantages, but really it's going to come down to the job, not the location! There's still a slim chance for boston and another for sacremento, but I'm most likely MI or AZ bound!

This weeked was pretty awesome though, even though fiance was gone. My parents friends, the Weidners, were in town and we had a lot of fun! I got to drive them around town all day Saturday and do some of the touristy things I hadn't gotten to do in a while which is always fun :). We went to Pearl Harbor, Pali Lookout and the Marine base at K-Bay where we got a private little tour from the head honcho, Col. Rice as well! (Apparently they knew his brother or something so he met us and gave us a tour! It was pretty awesome. )

Did you know the island they filmed the opening scene to Gilligan's island was here? No? Neither did I! But I learned that this weekend! How cool. Shopping at the International Marketplace rounded out the day (where I bought a fabulous new dress and hair clippies) followed by dinner at Gordon Biersch. Yum yum!

However, Sunday was the best. Mr. W. is an NFL ref and was officiating the Pro Bowl, so they got me an extra ticket and I got to go! The seats were amazing, and I got to be outside and in the shade all day! The game was really good too! The AFC lost, but Eli Manning won, so it all worked out in the end ;) Go Eli!

Anyway, that's all that's new here. Just waiting for tomorrow when Andy gets home! That reminds me... I better clean the apartment tonight... when he's not around, there's just no motivation to make the apt look nice hahaha. Until next time!

No comments: